Since 1921, Lions have been serving the state of Maryland. In the 1940s, District 22-A was created to serve as a part of a Multiple District. District 22-A is composed of 30 Lions Clubs with nearly 1200 members, serving six counties in the Central Maryland area.
Visit Lions of Maryland District ’22A’
- To Organize, charter and supervise service clubs to be known as Lions clubs.
- To Coordinate the activities and standardize the administration of Lions clubs.
- To Create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
- To Promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- To Take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- To Unite the clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- To Provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- To Encourage service-minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavors.
Visit Lions International
Lions Clubs International Foundation
Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) was founded in 1968 to take the mission of Lions Clubs International to new heights by tackling global problems, as well as assisting Lions with large-scale local humanitarian projects. LCIF’s history is filled with high-impact projects, meaningful partnerships and the kindness and efforts of Lions. With continued support, you can count on LCIF to continue and expand programs to improve lives around the world far into the future.